- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People’s Leasing recognizes Taekwondo Gold winner of South Asian games, Ranuka Prabhath
People’s Leasing & Finance PLC, the benchmark company in Sri Lankan in non-bank leasing and finance sector felicitated its employee M. P. D. Ranuka Prabhath who clinched Gold medals in Taekwondo at the South Asian games.
The felicitation ceremony was headed by Mr. Sabry Ibrahim, CEO/GM, PLC and attended by the senior management and employees of the company.
Ranuka Prabhath in addition to receiving a token of gratitude, received a handsome cash prize at the event from Mr. Sabry Ibrahim, CEO/GM, PLC.
Ranuka represented the 13th South Asian Games 2019 held at Kathmandu, Nepal this year by taking part in the Taekwondo competition in the under 23 men’s Pumse category. At the games Ranuka won Gold medals in men’s solo event, dual event and a Silver in team event.
It is significant that this was the very first occasion, a Sri Lankan sportsman won Gold for Taekwondo game in South Asian games.
Addressing the gathering at the felicitation ceremony Mr. Sabry Ibrahim, CEO/GM, PLC said, “Being a leading company in Sri Lanka that provides financial services for people, PLC constantly receive recognition for its services amongst other financial companies. Ranuka Prabhath being an employee of PLC bringing these Gold and Silver medals has made Sri Lanka proud. His achievement in SAG games to become an international sportsman has brought recognition to our company too.”
He added, “Today we felicitate Ranuka for bringing honour to PLC as an international sportsman and we would help him in future too to brighten his sporting career and achieve greater feats to bring glory to our motherland. We wish him all the best and would encourage him to explore more into the game of Taekwondo.”
People’s Leasing started its business operations in 1996 as a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest State banks in Sri Lanka, People’s Bank. People’s Leasing is currently the highest rated non-bank financial institution in the country, with a “AA-(Ika)” rating from Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd and ‘B’-rating by Fitch Ratings International (just one notch below ‘Sovereign’), and the number one ranking in non-banking financial services by Brand Finance PLC. The Company was also recognized as one of the ten best corporate citizens in the country by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce.
PLC’s financial service product portfolio includes leasing, auto loans, fixed deposits, savings accounts, housing and business loans, gold loans, margin trading, factoring, and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing Conglomerate consists of six subsidiaries - People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Micro-Commerce Ltd., People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd., People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd., People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd., and its latest foreign venture, Lankan Alliance Finance Ltd.
The unique features of People’s Leasing are its strength and stability to provide diverse financial solutions under one roof, creating a seamless, convenient and friendly customer service experience.