- People's Leasing commissions a sales coordinating outlet at Malabe Family Cars premises
- People's Leasing does awareness campaign in Galle district on LANKAQR digital payment system
- People’s Leasing bags two coveted awards at the CMA Excellence in Integrated Reporting Awards 2020
- People’s PAY WAY - Making busy life easy
- PLC offers rupees 60 Billion as loan relief to over 75,000 loan and leasing customers among Covid 19
- People's Leasing Company Appointed a New CEO
- People's Leasing recognized among the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability Projects at the Ian Dias Abeysingh
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates its Kelaniya branch
- People’s Leasing Group recorded Rs. 3.6 Bn profit amidst unprecedented challenges
- People’s Leasing secures third place in Transparency International, Sri Lanka’s first ever transpare
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates Colombo 07 Ward Place branch
- We salute the world's newest heroes
- Together we rise, together we win
- People's Leasing - always with you and taking care of you
- People's Leasing Contributes LKR 5 million to support the fight against COVID-19
- PLC is Committed to Face the COVID-19 Challenge with the People
- Pay Your Bills with PLCONLINE
- Make Your Life Easy with PLC Debit Card
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Elpitiya branch
- People’s Leasing recognizes Taekwondo Gold winner of South Asian games, Ranuka Prabhath
- People’s Leasing yet again bagged two awards at 55th CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People's Leasing does awareness campaign in Galle district on LANKAQR digital payment system
Sri Lanka’s leading non-bank finance sector company, People’s Leasing & Finance PLC joined hands with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) to promote ‘Rata Puraama LANKAQR’ innovative digital payment program in Galle district. The program organized by the CBSL was actively participated by 21 prominent financial institutions and telecommunication partners in Sri Lanka.
The general public and the business community in Galle district were made aware of making hassle-free payments via LANKAQR –quick response digital payment code.
CBSL Governor, Deshamanya Prof. W D Lakshman participated as the chief guest and the guest of honour was MP. Chandima Weerakkody. CBSL appointed LANKAQR committee chairman and CBSL Director (payments and settlements), Dharmasiri Kumaratunga, Southern province DIG Rohan Silva and SDB Bank CEO Thilak Piyadigama also participated.
The team also comprised of People’s Leasing CEO/ GM Shamindra Marcelline, DGM (Marketing) Laksanda Gunawardene, DGM (ICT) Prabhath Gunasena, Chief Manager, Operations, Hasantha de Silva, PLC Galle branch manager, Ajith Seneviratne and a host of customers and the public.
A significant occurrence at the event was a popular artist living in Galle Fort extending his services to do a portrait of People’s Leasing CEO/ MD Shamindra Marcelline. The due payment for that work of art was made via LANKAQR –quick response digital payment code at that instance.
‘Rata Puraama LANKAQR’ program was initiated by CBSL on realizing the importance of making payments online. Thus it is a customer-oriented and socially responsible move by the CBSL. People who use LANKAQR when doing their day-to-day transactions with merchants could keep cash transactions at bay. This is a credible transaction method which facilitates payments to merchants directly using customers’ bank accounts. The merchant would receive a SMS immediately and the money will be credited to his/her bank account on the following working day.
People’s Leasing via IT related innovations has added immense value to the finance sector by introducing hassle free transaction methods. By adopting LANKAQR – quick response digital payment code the company would add more value to its financial transactions for the benefit of its customers.
People’s Leasing CEO/GM Shamindra Marcelline, said, “Rata Puraama LANKAQR introduced by the CBSL is a timely venture. The awareness program done in Galle district teaming up with the People’s Leasing company was highly successful.”
He added, “In a volatile environment with a pandemic prevailing, it was of utmost importance to introduce a payment system like LANKAQR that facilitates cashless transactions. The merchants who are connected with the LANKAQR payment system facilitate this transaction system and it is very hassle-free for people to transact with them. This payment system doesn’t have any hidden charges and it doesn’t require people to keep money in hand ”
People’s Leasing started its business operations in 1996 as a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest State banks in Sri Lanka, People’s Bank. People’s Leasing is currently the highest rated non-bank financial institution in the country, with a “A+(Ika)” rating from Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd and the number one ranked non-banking financial services brand by Brand Finance PLC. The Company was also recognized as one of the ten best corporate citizens in the country by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce. People’s Leasing Ranked No. 03 in Transparency in Corporate Reporting (TRAC) by the Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL).
PLC’s financial service product portfolio includes leasing, auto loans, fixed deposits, savings accounts, housing and business loans, gold loans, margin trading, factoring, and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing Conglomerate consists of six subsidiaries - People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Micro-Commerce Ltd, People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd, People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd, People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd, and its latest foreign venture, Lankan Alliance Finance Ltd, in Bangladesh.
The unique features of People’s Leasing are its strength and stability to provide diverse financial solutions under one roof, creating a seamless, convenient and friendly customer service experience.