- People's Leasing Company Appointed a New CEO
- People's Leasing recognized among the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability Projects at the Ian Dias Abeysingh
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates its Kelaniya branch
- People’s Leasing Group recorded Rs. 3.6 Bn profit amidst unprecedented challenges
- People’s Leasing secures third place in Transparency International, Sri Lanka’s first ever transpare
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates Colombo 07 Ward Place branch
- We salute the world's newest heroes
- Together we rise, together we win
- People's Leasing - always with you and taking care of you
- People's Leasing Contributes LKR 5 million to support the fight against COVID-19
- PLC is Committed to Face the COVID-19 Challenge with the People
- Pay Your Bills with PLCONLINE
- Make Your Life Easy with PLC Debit Card
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Elpitiya branch
- People’s Leasing recognizes Taekwondo Gold winner of South Asian games, Ranuka Prabhath
- People’s Leasing yet again bagged two awards at 55th CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
PLC offers rupees 60 Billion as loan relief to over 75,000 loan and leasing customers among Covid 19
Sri Lanka’s leading non-bank finance sector company, People’s Leasing & Finance PLC by conforming to directives of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka has offered concessionary interest on loans and Leases to over 75,000 of its customers.
Conforming with the directives specified by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) circular 11/2020 with regard to this subject, PLC offered this relief to customers who were Covid 19 victims. Under the program a six-month grace period has been offered for loan repayment and also a component of setting off loans within a budget of LKR. 60 Billion making PLC the nonbank finance company in Sri Lanka that has offered the highest amount of loan relief.
In addition, PLC made a generous donation of Five Million rupees to the ‘Itukama Covid 19 Health and Social Safety fund’ on the day of its inauguration.
Mr. Shamindra Marcelline, CEO/GM, of People’s Leasing speaking on the company’s generous move towards offering relief to Covid 19 victims said, PLC apart from being a People’s friendly finance company, is a company that has achieved great heights with the support of the people in the country.
“As a socially responsible company, we always think it is our duty to offer support to our customers when they are in misery. This time around, we took every possible measure to relieve our customers from financial strain as and when financial assistance was sought by Covid 19 victims amongst them. We have already offered financial relief to over 75,000 Covid 19 victims. Ours is the nonbank finance sector company in Sri Lanka that has offered the greatest volume of financial relief to customers. As a company, we are happy to have served this purpose beyond our customers’ expectations. PLC’s financial stability was our greatest strength in achieving these heights.”
People’s Leasing started its business operations in 1996 as a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest State banks in Sri Lanka, People’s Bank. People’s Leasing is currently the highest rated non-bank financial institution in the country, with a “A+(Ika)” rating from Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd and the number one ranked non-banking financial services brand by Brand Finance PLC. The Company was also recognized as one of the ten best corporate citizens in the country by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce. People’s Leasing Ranked No. 03 in Transparency in Corporate Reporting (TRAC) by the Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL).
PLC’s financial service product portfolio includes leasing, auto loans, fixed deposits, savings accounts, housing and business loans, gold loans, margin trading, factoring, and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing Conglomerate consists of six subsidiaries - People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Micro-Commerce Ltd, People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd, People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd, People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd, and its latest foreign venture, Lankan Alliance Finance Ltd, in Bangladesh.
The unique features of People’s Leasing are its strength and stability to provide diverse financial solutions under one roof, creating a seamless, convenient and friendly customer service experience.
The Chairman of the People’s Bank and People’s Leasing Mr. Sujeewa Rajapakse donating Rupees Five Million to Dr. P B Jayasundara, Secretary to Hon. President. Also in the picture, the former CEO/GM of PLC, Sabry Ibrahim.