- People's Leasing Company Appointed a New CEO
- People's Leasing recognized among the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability Projects at the Ian Dias Abeysingh
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates its Kelaniya branch
- People’s Leasing Group recorded Rs. 3.6 Bn profit amidst unprecedented challenges
- People’s Leasing secures third place in Transparency International, Sri Lanka’s first ever transpare
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates Colombo 07 Ward Place branch
- We salute the world's newest heroes
- Together we rise, together we win
- People's Leasing - always with you and taking care of you
- People's Leasing Contributes LKR 5 million to support the fight against COVID-19
- PLC is Committed to Face the COVID-19 Challenge with the People
- Pay Your Bills with PLCONLINE
- Make Your Life Easy with PLC Debit Card
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Elpitiya branch
- People’s Leasing recognizes Taekwondo Gold winner of South Asian games, Ranuka Prabhath
- People’s Leasing yet again bagged two awards at 55th CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People's Leasing Company Appointed a New CEO
Shamindra Marcelline, Senior Vice President/Head of Corporate Banking, DFCC Bank, Sri Lanka, joins People’s Leasing & Finance PLC as the Chief Executive Officer/General Manager with effect from 20th November 2020.
An experienced banker with local and foreign bank exposure in addition to working overseas for the HSBC Group, Mr Marcelline brings with him unique industry insights so as to contribute towards the strategic direction of the Company.
At DFCC, he spearheaded the Bank’s Corporate Banking strategic initiatives across the country and in overseas markets.
In October last year, he played a key role in securing the mandate for Sole Adviser and Structuring Bank for a Dual Tranche Bi-lateral Loan Facility for a leading Maldivian company, recognized as the largest ever loan facility given by DFCC Bank Sri Lanka.
As a member of the Bank’s Executive Committee, Asset and Liability Committee and Operational Risk Management Committee, Mr Marcelline played a strategic role in harnessing the Bank’s corporate initiatives.
He joined DFCC Bank following a cross posting, as the Country Manager, Maldives, by the HSBC Group.
He is credited with the transformation of the banking industry in Maldives and he was responsible for the largest asset drive in the islands at the time.
Under his stewardship, the development, performance and growth of the Commercial and Global Banking business consisting of corporate real estate, international subsidiary banking and public sector areas, grew into a formidable wholesale banking initiative. It included P&L responsibility and he successfully oversaw a team of Relationship and Product Managers, enabling the Bank to build and sustain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders.
He also headed the Financial Institutions Group and Public Sector for HSBC Sri Lanka and Maldives before joining the DFCC Bank.
Among his key achievements he had been successful in managing the Sri Lanka Sovereign and Quasi-Sovereign Institutions implementing the HSBC Group Investment Banking strategy.
Mr Marcelline has strong credentials in the banking and finance sector in Sri Lanka and has contributed towards showcasing Sri Lanka’s investment potential globally.
He has participated in multiple investor-road-show events held across the USA, UK, Middle East and South East Asia as a part of the initiatives driven by the Ministry of Finance, Central Bank of Sri Lanka and leading State and Commercial Banks.
Mr Marcelline graduated from the Colombo International School in Sri Lanka in 1993. He holds a Degree in Economics and Accountancy (BSc.) from City University (1996), London (UK) and also in Financial Advisors’ International Qualification (FAIQ), Chartered Insurance Institute, UK (2008).