- People's Leasing recognized among the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability Projects at the Ian Dias Abeysingh
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates its Kelaniya branch
- People’s Leasing Group recorded Rs. 3.6 Bn profit amidst unprecedented challenges
- People’s Leasing secures third place in Transparency International, Sri Lanka’s first ever transpare
- People's Leasing upgrades and relocates Colombo 07 Ward Place branch
- We salute the world's newest heroes
- Together we rise, together we win
- People's Leasing - always with you and taking care of you
- People's Leasing Contributes LKR 5 million to support the fight against COVID-19
- PLC is Committed to Face the COVID-19 Challenge with the People
- Pay Your Bills with PLCONLINE
- Make Your Life Easy with PLC Debit Card
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Elpitiya branch
- People’s Leasing recognizes Taekwondo Gold winner of South Asian games, Ranuka Prabhath
- People’s Leasing yet again bagged two awards at 55th CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People's Leasing recognized among the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability Projects at the Ian Dias Abeysingh
Sri Lanka’s leading non-bank finance sector company, People’s Leasing & Finance PLC was recognized as one of the Ten Best CSR/Sustainability projects, at the Ian Dias Abeysinghe Memorial JASTECA CSR /Sustainability Awards 2020 recently.
The annual awards was presented for the 24th time by the Japan Sri Lanka Technical and Cultural Association aka JASTECA at the Galadari, Colombo.
Ian Dias Abeysinghe Memorial JASTECA CSR /Sustainability Awards recognized People’s Leasing commitment towards uplifting the early childhood education in Sri Lanka. The company invested in this initiative as investment in early years leads to better education, health, social and economic outcomes later on, increasing revenues for the nation and reducing the need for costly social spending.
People’s Leasing spearheaded this initiative guided by the apex institutions specialized in early childhood education and care. Highlights of the key activities included the investment towards improving the indoor and outdoor learning environment of the Early Childhood Development Centers (ECDCs) located isalndwide that are operated with minimal facilities. The centers were identified through the Children’s Secretariat and the development work was monitored through the Early Childhood Development Assistants and the Heads of the Branch network regionally and 121 ECDCs benefitted through this investment. Further, a series of capacity building programmes for the preschool teachers were financially supported by People’s Leasing on activity based lesson planning and application of creativity in early childhood development to promote holistic development of preschoolers. The programmes were successfully conducted with the assistance of specialists in this field of early childhood education with years of experience and expertise. Moreover a series of awareness programmes were conducted targeting the parents of pre schoolers on progressive parenting towards home based early childhood development.
Deputy General Manager - Marketing, Laksanda Gunawardena said human capital is a critical part of our nation’s sustainable progress and the quality of human capital can be improved through investment in early childhood education. Our financial assistance was ably supported by staff members from isalndwide branch network who volunteered their time and skills in successfully implementing these initiatives. People’s Leasing also invests in uplifting school education and entrepreneurship building to contribute towards sustainable development in alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).” he further said.
People’s Leasing started business operations in 1996 as a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest State Banks in Sri Lanka, the People’s Bank. People’s Leasing is currently the highest rated non-bank financial institution in the country, with a “A+ (Ika)” rating from Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd. and also rated as the Number One non-bank financial services brand by Brand Finance Lanka. The Company was also recognized as one of the Ten Best Corporate Citizens in the country by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce. People’s Leasing is also ranked No. 03 for the company’s Transparency in Integrated Corporate Reporting (TRAC) by the Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL).
PLC’s responsible and inclusive financial services includes leasing, auto loans, fixed deposits, savings deposits, housing and business loans, gold loans, margin trading, factoring, and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing conglomerate consists of six subsidiary companies including People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Micro-Commerce Ltd., People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd., People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd., People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd., and the company’s foreign venture, Lankan Alliance Finance Ltd, in Bangladesh.
The uniqueness of People’s Leasing is the company’s capacity to offer a spectrum of people friendly customized financial solutions under one roof, including the digital presence creating a seamless, convenient customer service experience mostly for the small and medium entrepreneurs for their livelihood development purpose.
Mr. Laksanda Gunawardena, Deputy General Manager - Marketing of People's Leasing receiving the award for One of the Best Ten CSR/Sustainability Projects from Mr. Athula Edirisinghe,Trustee of JASTECA in the presence of Mr.Nimal Perera, President JASTECA and Mr. Nishan Fernando, Committee Member of JASTECA