- PLC is one of Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens in Best Corporate Citizen Sustainability Awards 2019
- Congratulations! Ranuka Prabath of PLC wins Sri Lanka's first gold medal at the South Asian Games!
- People's Leasing Negombo Service Center relocated with enhanced facilities
- People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
- People’s Leasing & Finance Donates Digital X-Ray System To Castle Street Hospital For Women
- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People’s Leasing & Finance PLC Annual Report recognized with eight awards at the 2019 ARC Awards
People’s Leasing & Finance PLC, one of the leading non-bank financial institutions in Sri Lanka bagged eight coveted awards for its 2018/19 annual report at the 33rd ‘ARC Awards International – 2019’.
The ARC Awards International being one of the world’s premier annual report competitions is considered the best evaluator of academic awards for Annual Reports. The competition was organized by MerComm, Inc. USA was held at SHILLA Hotel in Seoul, South Korea. Mr. Omal Sumanasiri, Chief Manager (Finance) who represented People’s Leasing at the ARC Awards ceremony accepted the Awards conferred to the Company.
The eight category awards secured by People’s Leasing 2018/19 Annual Report at the ARC Awards International 2019 in ‘Financial Services - General sector’ are; ‘Financial Data’ (Gold Award), ‘Non-Traditional Annual Report’ (Gold Award), ‘Chairman’s/President’s Letter (Silver Award), ‘Cover Photo/ Design’ (Bronze Award), ‘Interior Design’ (Bronze Award), ‘Written Text’ (Bronze Award), ‘Printing & Production’ (Bronze Award) and ‘Photography’ (Honors).
Mr. Sabry Ibrahim, CEO/ GM, PLC’s speaking on the recognition derived by the Company’s 2018/19 annual report at the ARC Awards International 2019 said the latter is considered as the Academic Awards for Annual Reports and it is a great achievement for People’s Leasing to secure eight awards for its annual report at this year is competition.
This year, the competition has received over 2,100 entries from 34 countries across the Globe. Several prestigious Sri Lankan corporates have also participated in this year’s competition.
People’s Leasing started its business operations in 1996 as a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest State banks in Sri Lanka, People’s Bank.
People’s Leasing is currently the highest rated non-bank financial institution in the country, with a ‘B’-rating by Fitch Ratings International (just one notch below ‘Sovereign’); AA-(Ika) rating from Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd., and the number one ranking in non-banking financial services by Brand Finance PLC. The company was also recognized as one of the best corporate citizens in the country by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce.
People’s Leasing & Finance PLC’s financial service product portfolio includes leasing, auto loans, fixed deposits, savings accounts, housing and business loans, gold loans, margin trading, factoring, and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing Conglomerate consists of six subsidiaries - People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Micro-Commerce Ltd., People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd., People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd., People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd., and its latest foreign venture, Lankan Alliance Finance Ltd.
The unique features of People’s Leasing are its strength and stability to provide diverse financial solutions under one roof, creating a seamless, convenient and friendly customer service experience.