- PLC launches a nationwide one-day promotional campaign ‘Himithena Palamu Thena Rata Hemathena'
- Revolutionary ‘People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya’ Promotion Announces the First Month’s 25 Winners
- Latest revolution in the leasing industry 'People’s Leasing Petrol Peraliya'
- People’s Leasing ranked the “Best Non-Bank Finance Company” brand in Brand Finance Index 2019
- People’s Leasing in a bid to conserve 5500 sea-friendly plants from Mannar to Tangalle
- People's Leasing Maharagama branch conducts medical clinic and multi-faceted mobile service
- People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
- People's Leasing Company upgrades and relocates its Neluwa branch
- People's Leasing appoints popular actor Hemal Ranasinghe as Brand Promoter
- Annual Report 2017/18 of People’s Leasing & Finance PLC
- People’s Leasing Vavuniya branch conducts ‘Diri Diviya’ CSR to enhance capabilities of SME sector
- People’s Leasing PLC’s Tangalle branch conducts workshop on saving habits for children
- PLC Ampara branch hosts pre-school teacher training programme
- SLITAD People Development Excellence Award 2016/17
- PLC Annual Report secured four Awards at 53rd CA Sri Lanka Annual Report Awards
- PLC won two awards at National Best Quality Software Awards 2017
- PLC won Gold Award at Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA) 2017
- Grand Award for the Best Annual Report of Sri Lanka
- 100 Most Influential Global HR Professionals
- PLC ranked 15th in Business Today 'Top 30'
- PLC recognized as one of the Best Corporate Citizens of Sri Lanka
- PLC amongst the Most Valuable Brands
- PLC recognized amongst the “Most Respected Entities” - 2017
People's Leasing introduces ‘Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme in addition to Senehasa children's account
People's Leasing & Finance PLC is the leading non-bank finance company in Sri Lanka.
PLC’s 'Senehasen Ithurum' CSR program is coupled with the 'Senehasa' minor savings account with an annual interest of eight percent that being the highest annual interest paid for a children’s account in the country.
More recently the company introduced the ‘Senehasa Yaalu’ gift scheme for children wrapped with an attractive regular gifts program.
Under the ‘Senehasa Yaalu’ gift scheme, parents of the children (account holders) up to the age of 13 can deposit sums of money on a regular basis for the benefit of their children. According to the amounts deposited in ‘Senehasa Yaalu’ the minor account holders (children) will be entitled for attractive gifts.
For the amounts of Rupees 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10,000, 15,000 and 25,000 they are entitled to receive a Till, a Magic Till, children’s lunch box, children’s umbrella, computer mouse, 32 GB memory card and a Swiss Gear backpack.
Mr. Saman Liyanage, Chief Manager, Deposits and Savings Division, PLC commenting on the 'Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme said, it is a subject of national importance to stimulate saving habits among children.
"PLC has introduced 'Senehasa Yaalu' gift scheme for children and now they can derive attractive gifts from time to time under this program on the sums deposited by their parents on a regular basis. This was launched to coincide with the World Children’s day. Children are already attracted to it. Parents of children up to the age of 13 are now eager to open 'Senehasa Yaalu' accounts for their children", he said.
People's Leasing was commissioned in 1995 as a wholly owned subsidiary of the second largest state bank in Sri Lanka, the People's Bank.
Fitch Rating Lanka has assigned PLC a credit rating of AA- (lka) which makes PLC the highest rated Finance company in the country. PLC is the only Sri Lankan Finance company to have two international ratings of which one is equal to the Sovereign from Standard & Poor's ('B+/B') and the other is one notch below the Sovereign from Fitch Rating International ('B').
PLC's financial service product portfolio includes; leasing, fixed deposits, saving accounts, personal and business loans, margin trading, factoring and Islamic financial services.
People's Leasing conglomerate consists of six subsidiaries namely, People’s Insurance PLC, People’s Microfinance Ltd, People’s Leasing Property Development Ltd, People’s Leasing Fleet Management Ltd, People’s Leasing Havelock Properties Ltd and its latest foreign venture Lankan Alliance Finance Limited.
The uniqueness of People’s Leasing is its strength and the stability to provide diverse financial solutions under one roof to its customers, thus enabling the customers to obtain convenient and customer friendly services.